Need Lots of Action and Activity?
- Ride the Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel at City Park on a summer Sunday afternoon
- Play a round of golf at one of our local golf courses or go fishing in Lake Jacksonville, one of the top bass fishing lakes in Illinois
- Go bowling or roller skating
- Watch our Friday night stock car races at the Jacksonville Raceway, a high-banked dirt oval track at the Morgan County Fairground
- Bike or jog through historic neighborhoods with their remarkable architectural styles
- Hit one of our major events. Jacksonville recently hosted the CABA 15u World Series at our own Lenz Field, NBRA boat races on Lake Jacksonville, and go-kart races around the downtown square.
- Take the kids to Play-For-All Park, an extraordinary playground and splash pad where children with and without disabilities can learn together through play
- Go to Nichols Park, the largest of our parks, with an Olympic-size swimming pool, a large well-equipped playground and The Links, a 9-hole golf course winding through the park
- Catch a college football game! The Illinois College Blueboys, a D3 team, play just two blocks from our Bed & Breakfast.