Parent, Confidant, Role Model, Spiritual Advisor, Teacher, Doctor, Nurse, Housekeeper, Photographer, Driver, Chef, Ref… and so many more! Motherhood is a huge role and a tremendous responsibility, and for many, parenting through the pandemic has been exhausting. I commend you for making it through, and I believe it’s time to celebrate! Picture all the ways you’ve nailed it as a mother. C’mon… you can do it! What are some positives in your life that came during the pandemic? You may not be meeting every one of your own high standards, but you’re still succeeding, and it’s time to Celebrate Being A Mom!
Take a minute, grab a pen and paper, and write down 5 Things. 5 things you’ve done during the pandemic to meet others’ needs. 5 Things you have overcome. 5 Things you’ve done well. Five Things that didn’t end up a total mess. I want you to think of 5 Things – or more – that give you a sense of satisfaction as a mom. It’s time to celebrate!
I’m going to guess that it’s easier for you to list the negatives than the positives. So often we focus so heavily on the “woulda, coulda, shoulda,” that we neglect to see “We did it!” When was the last time you commended yourself for a job well done? When was the last time you thanked your mother for what she’s done for you? Let’s celebrate some of the good that comes from being a parent during a very challenging time. This year, maybe more than any other in recent history, is the year to celebrate being a Mom.
At Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast we believe in celebrating! Let us know when you’re staying for your birthday or your anniversary and we will celebrate you! Plan a romantic getaway and we’ll offer ways to help you celebrate! Whether you’re celebrating your role as a mother, or celebrating your mother’s role in your life, here’s a list of the Top 5 ways we want to help you Celebrate Being a Mom.
1) Take a long walk and relax. Do some porch sittin’. Spend some time away from screens, calls, and loud voices. Experience peace and quiet.
2) Go out for a nice dinner – solo, as a family, or with a great friend!
3) Go for some Shopping Therapy – Jacksonville offers several great locally-owned shops that have so much to offer!
4) Buy some fresh flowers, get a new ‘do or schedule a massage or facial – do something special for yourself that you’ve been putting off due to the pressures of the pandemic
5) DO IT ALL! This is a great time to relax and let us pamper you at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast! Stay in one of our luxury guest suites, and get away from it all. (Self-care is not selfish!) Spend some quiet time on the front porch or gazebo and walk around our historic neighborhood. We’ll serve you a multi-course breakfast on fine china and crystal – in our formal dining room or in the gazebo, OR we’ll deliver a Suite Retreat breakfast to your suite.
This Package Includes:
- $50 Dine Local restaurant certificate
- Gorgeous Fresh Flowers from Abigail’s Flowers & Gifts
- A Luxurious Turkish Towels Spa Robe to keep
- Fine Chocolates
- Swag Bag styled just for mom
- Complimentary JACVB walking tour map of our historic neighborhood
- A studio photo session compliments of El Crow Photography. (Just for you, or gather your family for some keepsake photographs!)
ADD ON: Make an appointment for a luxury en suite massage from Juniper by Hannah Pate, or take home a gift certificate for future use. Call: 217-491-5946
Celebrate “Mother’s Day” any day you wish when you Celebrate Being a Mom at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast in Jacksonville, Illinois!
All Photographs: Justin Hurley Photography
Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast is an award-winning all-suite inn located in Jacksonville, Illinois. We are the Eyer Family innkeepers. Casey is the youngest of our five adopted children – by 20 years!
We offer many amenities at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast, including overnight accommodations in a 130-year-old vintage mansion, Wi-Fi, an expansive lawn and gardens, all-season fireplaces, and multi-course breakfasts. Come see us! Our reviews reflect our commitment to guest satisfaction. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube to see how we’re moving forward in 2021. We are still in business!